Arena-Park Operator III
Township of Whitewater Region
Located within the scenic Ottawa Valley and bordered by the Ottawa River, the Township of Whitewater Region is a dynamic place to live, work and play. Known worldwide for whitewater rafting and kayaking, we offer a variety of year-round activities such as golfing, snowmobiling, camping, boating, fishing and cross-country skiing.
From our vast acres of farmland to our small, unique hamlets and villages to our wide expanses of water, the Township of Whitewater Region invites everyone to experience rural and urban life in perfect harmony.
Arena/Park Operator III
The Arena/Park Operator III is responsible for daily operations and operational matters in park and recreational facilities. In addition, the position is also responsible for the inspection of playground equipment and grass cutting.
• OSSD or equivalent, combined with three years of recreation experience.
• General machine operation experience.
• Possesses Basic Arena Refrigeration, Propane Handling and Chainsaw Operation training and certification (or willing to obtain).
• Certified Playground Inspector considered to be an asset.
• Certified Ice Technician (CIT) and/or Certified Grounds Technician (CGT) from Ontario Recreation Facilities Association (ORFA) considered to be an asset.
• Courses in recreation facility and park maintenance (or willing to obtain).
• Ability to operate ice resurfacing machine and ice edger.
• Experience operating light and heavy equipment, hand tools and performing minor repairs.
• Valid Ontario Drivers Licence "G" with preference for "DZ" endorsement, in good standing.
• Proven communication, computer and writing skills.
• Health & Safety Training, including current CPR & First Aid AED.
Compensation: $49,318-57,174 (40 hours per week, with OMERS and benefits package)
Please forward your detailed resume with covering letter (in MS Word or pdf format), referencing "Arena/Park Operator III" by Friday, January 25, 2019 to Jordan Durocher, Manager of Recreation & Tourism at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full job description, please click here
The Township is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.