OPP Police Information Resource Guide


Resource Guide for Police Request for Information 

  • OPP Self-Reporting System – Report a Crime:

The online Citizen Self-Reporting tool allows you to report minor occurrences like theft, mischief to property, lost property, and driving complaints that occurred in areas policed by the OPP


    • Outlines requirements on what types of incidents can be reported online
    • When a person can and should not use the reporting system
  • Landlord Tenant Dispute – Residential Tenancies Act
    • Tenant rights when renting in Ontario
    • Who you can call if you are having problems with a landlord
    • Eviction rules, timelines, etc.
  • Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre for Reporting Scams and Frauds
    • If you suspect that you may be a target of fraud, have already sent funds, want to report a fraud, or if you need more information, contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
    • Toll free phone number: 1-888-495-8501



  • 810 Peace Bond (Restraining Order)
    • Who can get a peace bond?
    • How do you get a peace bond without the assistance of police?



  • Family Law/Custody Disputes
    • Custody and access issues
    • Enforceable orders
    • Child Protection issues


    • Questions and answers on separation and divorce agreements:




  • Home Security Audits – Is Your Residence and Property Protected?
    • What a person can do to protect their property and make them less vulnerable to thefts and break-ins
    • Take a quick audit to see if you may be at risk



  • Canadian Firearm Centre – Regulations
    • How to apply for a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL), fees, etc.
    • How to obtain a PAL if my license is expired
    • Questions for transporting restricted and non-restricted firearms
    • Forms for applications
    • Phone number: 1-800-731-4000



  • ATV, Motorized Snowmobile Regulations
    • Requirements to operate a snowmobile/off road vehicle in Ontario
    • Age requirements to operate
    • Registering and licensing requirements



  • Safe Boating and Pleasure Craft Information
    • When is a pleasure craft license required?
    • Age requirements for young boaters
    • What safety equipment is required for a pleasure craft?
    • Requirements for registering a boat







  • MTO – E-Bikes, Mo-Peds, Vehicle Registration
    • Can a person operate an e-bike if their driver’s license is suspended?
    • Can a person remove the pedals from an e-bike?
    • Safety equipment required for operating
    • Does a person need a driver’s license on an e-bike?
    • Mo-ped operating requirements and licensing

E-bike info-http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/driver/electric-bicycles-faq.shtml


Mo-Ped info- http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/handbook/motorcycles/section1-4-0.shtml



  • Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)/CVOR
    • When does a person need an inspection sticker?
    • Who needs a CVOR? Requirements
    • Load restrictions
    • CMV safety requirements
    • Oversize/overweight permits