Are you interested in helping others and serving your community?
Come find out about joining our team.
The Whitewater Fire Department will be holding a recruitment information session on Tuesday November 27th, 7:00PM at the Cobden Arena (43 Astrolabe Rd, Cobden).
Presentation will include:
- Overview of the Whitewater Fire Department
- Volunteer Firefighter qualification process
- Required level of commitment
- Recruit Training Program
Officers and firefighters from the department will be available to answer questions following the presentation.
Volunteer recruitment process consists of the following stages:
Stage 1 - Application
Application forms are accepted and kept on file pending the filling of vacancies. Applicants are selected from those who work or live in close proximity to the volunteer stations with vacancies.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older at time of application.
- All applicants must have a valid G Ontario driver’s license at time of application.
- All applicants must live or work in an area served by a volunteer fire station.
Stage 2 - Interviews
Interviews are scheduled throughout the year on an "as needed" basis and when sufficient candidates are need to justify a recruit hiring and training course.
Stage 3 - Security Check/Driver Profile/Medical
Prior to beginning recruit training, successful candidates will need to obtain the following:
- Security Check - Current criminal records check for vulnerable sector
- Driver's Abstract - A 5 year abstract, available at Service Ontario Center
- Medical Clearance Form (completed by a physician)
A letter of offer will be issued once successful completion of all stages has occurred and all required documentation had been received.
Summary of Duties
- Responsible for all fire suppression duties necessary to save lives and property. Combat, extinguish and/or prevent fires by rapidly and efficiently performing varied duties as required under emergency conditions
- Provide emergency medical response and aid; perform rescue/extrication operations where necessary to prevent loss of life or further injury from any cause.
- Provide service assistance to: police, paramedics and the public.
- Responsible for station maintenance and upkeep of firefighting equipment and fire department property.
- Responsible for upgrading and maintaining skills/knowledge and physical requirements to current standards.
- Perform duties in fire prevention, public education as assigned.
To obtain a copy of an application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to acknowledge the interest and effort you have demonstrated in the pursuit of being a volunteer firefighter with the Whitewater Region Fire Department. The desire you possess to commit to the protection of your community is admirable.
Thank-You for considering a position with the Whitewater Fire Department.